Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feeding the Missionaries

At first I was going to title this post Missionaries for Dinner, but realized once I typed it that it sounded as if we were eating the missionaries! So Feeding the Missionaries it became! I made a favorite of ours from back in my Culinary days, Pecan chicken. When the Missionaries got here and I told them what we were having a huge smiled came over their face and they said we have heard about this. Michelle( my good friend) told them they should ask me to make it! They loved it! It sure is yummy!

1/3 cup pecan, finely chopped
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
3 T dijon mustard

Sauce:
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 T dijon mustard

Combine the 5 ingredients and set aside. Coat the chicken breast with the Dijon mustard and then coat in the pecan mixture. Pan fry in a bit of oil or bake in the oven at 350` till completely cooked. Combine the 2 sauce ingredients and serve with the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment