Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mexican Night

I secretly, ok not secretly I flat out want it to be summer! I want to warm and be able to let my boys play out side and run and scream out there rather than in my house! Also I got a catalog in the mail today to order seeds and plants for my garden which only made me long for summer even more. One thing that reminds me of summer and my garden is Fresh Salsa!

Fresh Salsa:
8 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 onions, diced
2 red peppers, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 anaheim pepper, diced
2 jalapenos, diced*
1 zuchinni, diced
3 T garlic, minced
1 T salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sugar

Combine all ingredients and serve with chips or your other favorite mexican dishes. Keep cold.
* fewer or more jalapenos can be used depending on your prevence of heat level.
**lime juice or cilantro can also be added for additional flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment