Monday, February 22, 2010

Nemo?

So I decided to fix salmon on Sunday and I had a good amount of it so I thought I would prepare it in two different marinades. While I was getting it ready Denver came and asked what it was I told him its Salmon, he was like whats Salmon I told him it is a fish, he replied like Nemo? Isaid yep like Nemo. Well next thing I know he is running up stairs telling Porter we are eating Nemo for dinner! Porter comes running down the stairs NOOOOOO don't eat Nemo! It was funny and no he refused to try Nemo! Oh well

Maple Teryaki Glazed Salmon

2 lbs Salmon
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup apple juice
3 T soy sauce
1 T garlic, minced
1/2 onion, finely diced

Combine all ingredients and coat salmon, refrigderate over night before cooking. Remove from marinade and place on a baking sheet covered in tin foil. broil on top rack of Oven for 12-15 minutes till moist and flaky. You can savesome of the reserve marinade and bast a few ties during the cooking process.

Lemon Pepper Garlic Salmon

2 lb Salmon
3 T lemon pepper
3 T lemon juice
2 T garlic, minced
1 T ground black pepper
2 tsp salt
juice from 4 lemons, fresh (really does make a difference)
4 T olive oil
1 T garlic powder

prepare the marinade by whisking all of the ingredients together. Place in bowl or bag and add salmon. I also tossed in the lemons from the juice coat the salmon. Place in fridge and allow to marninade for 2 hours. I wouldn't recommend marinating this over night because of all the acid from the lemon, will end up actually cooking the salmon and creating a sevice. Place on baking sheet and Broil on top rack of oven for 12-15 minutes till moist and flaky. You can also baste with marinade or place slices of lemon on top of the fish.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Nemo. Infact I've been loving Nemo everyday for lunch - yummy!!

    ReplyDelete