Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mexican Pork Soup

Here's what's for dinner tonight. After a week of the stomach flu, head colds we can't seem to shake and the impending winter weather, I feel like soup tonight! I'm going to use the left over pork from my slow roaster I did last week.

1 T olive oil
1 lb of left over roast pork
1 onion small diced
1 small can green chiles, diced
2 T garlic, minced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes, diced
1 can black beans
2 tsp ground cumin
1 box chicken stock
1 cup beef stock
1/2 cup frozen corn
season to taste

Start by sauting the garlic and onion then add the pork and beans. Cook till onions are translucent, then add tomatoes and green chiles and cumin. Add stock and allow to simmer for at least one hour. Add corn about 10 minutes before service. Season to taste and serve with cilantro, sour cream and cheese and tortilla chips.

I'm excited it should be yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment