Friday, October 22, 2010

Baking....

Aghh... anyone who knows me knows that unless it is rolls or a cake I don't bake. Never really have. Hated, no utterly despised it in school...perhaps it was partly because of the hour inwhich the classes met, no college student should be getting up at 5:30am. Mainly though I don't like to measure, I simply don't have the patience for baking...
However I decided to make a southern meal tonight for dinner, and wanted some biscuits to go with it. So I found this ooober easy recipe and surprisingly they didn't turn out half bad!

2 cups all purpose flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup shortening*
1 cup milk

Heat oven to 400`. In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients and add shortening till small pea like size. Add milk and mix just till milk is absorbed. Lightly dust the surface and gently form into a ball and roll to about an ince thick. cut out and coat tops with an egg was. Bake for 12-15 minutes till golden brown.
* I didn't have shortening (strange I know) I really didn't feel like hauling all four kids to the grocery store so I used Butter, they will taste better anyways :) I used 1/4 cup plus 2 T because the butter has water in it where as the shortening does not. Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment