Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Birthday Dinner

So it was my big 26th Birthday and overall it was a good day. I started getting sick on Saturday and was not feeling my best but was still able to have a good day, unlike today where I'm miserable! Darwin took the morning off and got a sitter for the kids and we went out to a nice breakfast and visited some of the touristy shops. He wanted to take me out to dinner but being we live in Burns without very many options I opted to just cook myself. So while Darwin and the boys decorated a castle cake for me, complete with knight in shinning armor, I cooked dinner. Nothing to fancy since I wasn't feeling well but this is one of my FAVORITE marinades! (I'll post pictures of the cake as soon as I get them off my camera!

Balsamic marinated Flank Steak

1 Flank steak roughly 2 lbs
1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 T garlic minced
1/2 onion, diced
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
3 T olivve oil
1 sprig fresh rosemary

Combine all ingredients in a bag and marninade for at least 2 hours, the longer the better. remove from bag and discard marinade. Grill on BBQ, grill pan or gridle, for about 9 minutes per side till cooked to a nice medium doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment