Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shrimp or Steak tacos

Alright there are a few post that go with this post. I posted on facebook today that I was off to make dinner and that if it was successful then I would post on my blog...well it was tasty. We had shrimp and steak tacos with a cilantro lime sauce and house salsa. Here is the marinades for the proteins and the salsa and sauce recipes are following posts. Hope you enjoy! we sure did!

Steak marinade for tacos
1/2 c soy sauce
1/4 cup white vinegar
splash lime juice
1 T cumin
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
2 T minced garlic
salt and pepper
2 lbs thin cut sirloin, fajita meat cut into thin strips

combine all in a bag and coat the steak completely. let marinate for at least 1 hour up to 8. remove from marinade and pat dry. Cook in a hot skillet for about 2 minutes then toss and cook for another minute or two depending on how thick it is cut.

Shrimp Marinade for Tacos
1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
splash lime juice
splash of vinegar
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup olive oil

Combine all and coat the shrimp allow to set for 20 minutes. Drain the marinade and pat dry, cook in hot skillet till cooked about 3-4 minutes.

serve both the steak and shrimp in corn tortillas that have been lightly fired then formed into taco shells. top with the cilantro lime sauce(recipe follows), lettuce tomato and cheese. Serve along side the house salsa(recipe follows) and tortilla chips. Super yummy enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This meal was great, I would have had more, but all of this great cooking that Candace is doing is making me fat, and not just fatish. Basketball is not helping much, and I always find myself wanting more of this tasty food. Thanks Candace for all your wonderful meals, I sure love them, and you and appreciate all you do for me and our family.

    ReplyDelete