Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Halloween!!
I was asked to make a cake for a silent auction for the sixth graders fundraiser for their annual fieldtrip... They always put on a Halloween carnival and silent auction and it is usually a huge success. I made the cake above for the auction and also gave a gift certificate for a cake order up to 100servings. Not sure what happened but the auction was definately not as successful as it was last year, it seemed there were less people and less bidding. The Halloween cake went for $17... and the certificate for $40. I'm trying to tell myself it is ok and it went to a good cuase, but hurts alittle when I realize I know get to do a large 100 serving cake and the money earned for the school was only .40 a serving.... oh well, at least I can use towards my charitable contributions on my taxes...right? Anyhow, I was pleased with how the cake turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment