Thursday, May 2, 2013

Another Cake

So baseball season is in full swing and can I say I'm ready for it to be over. We have baseball every night of the week and because of it we have been eating quick, fast, boring food. I really haven't cooked a normal good sit down meal in two weeks and it is driving me NUTS!
I have however made yet another cake.

One of my dear friends, son turned 12 and she asked me to make him a cake. I was more then willing to do it for them! They are like family and we love them! Anyhow, it was an Oregon Ducks helmet.
The cake is red velvet with cream cheese frosting and marshmallow fondant. Overall I'm pleased with the cake.


The face mask I made 2 nights ago out of modeling chocolate so that it would dry and be nice and hard. I would have liked it to be made of gumpaste as I like working with that more and it hardens faster...but I didn't have any and I live in the middle of nowhere.



After I placed the O's I realized I should had made them larger, but I was rushed and didn't want to have to repair the fondant underneath by removing them. Then I place the face mask and it looked awesome. a half hour before pick up Denver fell off his bike and when I came back in the house the face mask collapsed.... I think it was just too warm and the chocolate didn't hold up. So I scrambled and made a facemask out of toothpicks and fondant. Overall it turned out good and CJ loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment