Friday, July 29, 2011

Denver's Birthday

So my next post was gonna be on a friend..but she has yet to give me a recipe she wants posted so... I'll move on to other events in our lives. Denver my first born and oldest son is HOLY COW six! No way where did the time go? We went to the Oregon coast for his birthday because he wanted to be on the beach for his birthday so we went. It was a fast but fun trip... for the cake oh the cake... ugh he wanted Buzz lightyear. So about a week before we left I shaped and carved Buzz out of rice krispies thinking that'd be the best way to do it and then we would just do the Alein Cupcakes there for the cake part... hahaha, well the day before we leave I'm working on Buzz putting the fondant on him and I have to go and rescue a screaming child...Emery I believe. I return to the kitchen to find Buzz on the floor demolished and Parker looking guilty. He swears he didn't touch him and that he just fell... Oh well so I frantically start thinking what to do. I baked an extra cake and made half of Buzz out of cupcakes, and packed up everythign else for the road trip... well cake doesn't travel well and it was rough, but overall it turned out okay and the six year old LOVED it which lets face it is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment