Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chicken Pesto Pasta

On my trip to Vegas my friend Kari made this for me, which for Kari is a big deal. Growing up she was never much of a cook, but now that she married she has grown emensly in that department! I liked it enough that I'm adding it to my blog and tweeking it just a bit.

1/2 cup prepared pesto
1/4 water
1 onion diced
1 tsp garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
3 chicken breast
1 tsp parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg penne pasta
1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated

Start the pasta and cook till al dente. set aside. In a saute pan, add a bit of olive oil and saute the garlic and onions. Carmelize slightly, add the chicken breast with the parsley and salt and pepper. allow chicken to get golden brown and cooked through. In a smaller pan heat the pesto and the water to make a thin sauce. When the chicken is completely cooked, shred with forks add to the pasta, add the tomatoes and then the thin pesto sauce. Toss till coated and serve hot top with Romano cheese. Serve with rolls and a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment