When did the year fly by?!! It seems like it was just yesterday we were welcoming this little guy into our family.
Facts about Carter Steven Johnson
- He was born 4 weeks early weighing in at 6lbs 7 oz and was 19inches long
- He struggled breathing on his own.
- He took his first airplane ride before he was even 12 hours old
- He was in the NIcu for 10 days, on a ventilator for 24 hours and oxygen the rest of the time, till he could brethe on his own. One of his lungs was under developed.
- I stayed by his side the entire time he was in the NICU. At one point we thought we were going to loose him and it scared me completely, that when we were released and home I had MAJOR anxiety that something was still wrong and literaly didn't sleep for the first three months.
- He is a very calm and mellow boy but he lets you know when he is unhappy and tired.
- He is our chunky monkey, he has so many rolls on his arms that I call them his sleeves cause I can pull them up!
- He loves to eat any and all food, not a huge fan of bananas, but likes most other things.
- He weaned himself.
- He army crawled from 6 months to 9 when he finally decided to get a move on!
- He is our latest walker thus far as he hasn't started walking yet.
- He is a cuddler, he loves to be held, and when you put him down and he doens't want to be he flings his head inbetween his legs and cries or he will flail on to his stomach just like a temper tantrum!
- He is a momma's boy through and through!
- He has the sweetest little smile that brightens my day, he has dimples that are so adorable.
- He has an angry cry which is hillarious and really we need to record it but it is like he is cussing us out in baby talk of course, but it is like someone is crying at the same time as yelling, it really is quiet funny!
- He is our silent observer. He watches everyone intently.
I made him a train cake for his Birthday, he seemed very confused all day on his Birthday, and seemed to be wondering what the big deal was. He did enjoy the cake and prestents. I can't believe he is one! We are so happy for him to be in our family and so blessed by his beautiful sweet Spirit! We love you Carter!